Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chiang Mai -Doi Inthanon National Park

The national park is quite far, maybe approximately 1-2 hours from city center by car. Prepare your journey before you go. I hired a car with driver to take me out the whole day, to wherever I wanted to go. Starting at 8:00am, I wanted to beat the crowds, to get to the mountains early and have a clear view of it. The journey up was quite cooling, even though the sun was shining brightly. It can be quite cold up there, depends on which period you are going, i heard that the lowest it ever went was -8c, so don't forget to check the weather before going or to bring a small jacket.




Look at the picture above, do you know what that is? Snow? No! During the journey up, I was looking at the sky, and this is what I saw, it is actually clouds. very interesting. It looks as if it was snow or cotton wool. Really I'm not kidding!




Look at the lovely flowers, it is truly impressive! There are so many colourful and beautiful flowers. Truly a postcard picture!




Climb up and take pictures of the flowers and the beautiful scenery, plus enjoy the cool and fresh air.





I took many pictures on Doi Inthanon and was really spectacular place for me. I never seen such array of beautiful flowers before.





The waterfall, there is quite a few in Doi Inthanon, I didn't have time, so I went to one. But the recommended one is Mae Ya Waterfall, it takes extra effort to there. This waterfall is quite nice too! Be very very careful when visiting the waterfall!


No comments:

Post a Comment