Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Koh Samui- From Subang

Ever since I saw the picture in an e-mail showing the beauty of Koh Samui, I have always wanted to set foot on that island. My wish came true, when I travel to last December to Koh Samui.

I had a friend who was living in Koh Samui and she mentioned that Firefly was offering special fares to Koh Samui, therefore we quickly booked our tickets. Firefly is the only company that offers direct flight from Malaysia to Koh Samui. Departing from Subang International Airport.

I have not been to Subang International Airport, ever since KLIA used as an international airport. was expecting the worst, but to my surprise they renovated the interior and it looks really splendid.






However, as only firefly as the main airplane departing from Subang, it is not as crowded as LCCT, I would say it is underutilized. But definitely a shorter distance from the city centre, which saves lots of time.



We had lunch at Noodles Restaurant. They gave so little noodles and it was so watery, it didn't taste good and pretty expensive.

Curry Noodle RM 9.90

Dumpling Soup RM 5.90

Nasi Lemak RM 9.90

Asam Laksa RM 9.90

Firefly airplane was alright. There were plenty of empty seats. The air pressure was a little low. Other than that, was happy to see them giving us snack and a drink as it is a code sharing flight with Malaysia Airlines. With snacks to fill my stomach, I am satisfied.







1 comment:

  1. Sorry to here that you had a poor experience with travelling from Subang. Hopefully your stay in Koh Samui was more satisfying that the trip it took to get there?

    All the best, Alex.

    ReplyDelete