Sunday, December 20, 2009

Famous Street & Dessert

Is time to wander around the famous shopping malls, and the famous streets. we went to time square, and to the shopping malls nearby like Sogo. I was looking for clothings, cheap clothing, I guess time square was not the right place to look for cheap clothings nor sogo. All branded stuff. I have this craze for japanese things for example: clothing, sweets etc, i saw a mall that is next to sogo (have to cross a street) that I'm able to find Japanese clothing but unfortunately it is out of my budget (way out). as for japanese sweets, i found it in the lower ground of sogo, full of japanese sweets, but not cheap, well, cheaper than flying to japan to get the sweets.
As you are surrounded with high priced branded stuff- shopping malls, there is a small market that is hidden in between shopping malls, that you can bargain to buy clothing, socks. i can't exactly describe the place.
Full of people.

We decided times square area was not our type, we took the MRT and walk on to look for a place that was recommend for cheap stuff. Cheap stuff, we found but a little old fashioned. As we were looking for the exact street, we ran out of time. Wish we had more time, we wanted to find the exact street as it will lead to wholesale outlets for clothing. Aiyah!!

There we landed in the most famous and recommended area, ladies market. We were given two hours to spend on the street. We went up and down, and we didn't even stop to bargain, the things there was repetitive as all markets are, but I thought the clothing there was a little old fashion. As I have read, from other places, it was suppose to be a place where teenagers hang out. Quickly we went from top to bottom of the street, then we wanted to look for the next suggested street Fa Yuen Street, but was not able to find it, or found it similar to Ladies market. Was dissapointed! Went through all the shopping mall on Nathan road, the best for me was Mongkok Argyle Centre, why? because I bought something, haha!

after two hours, decided to eat dessert, as it was recommended by forumers. I chose the famous Hui Lau Shan. Yahoo! Dessert....

X.O raddish cake

My favourite, mango with tong yuen. Even when I back in my home country, I still have a craving for it ever so often. The mango that they use is fresh mango, that's why there are famous, i think they import it from Phillipines. Love it, mouthwatering dessert. Highly recommended, especially for those who have a spot for mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment